The magic of Meyer Lemons was only discovered last year, but I could not find them anywhere. As soon as Meyer lemons were in season, in late December, I bought a Costco-sized container of Meyers.
This vinaigrette is my favorite thing to make with lemons. It’s the perfect combination of tartness and sweetness to complement the fresh pears and crunchy walnuts, as well as creamy goat cheese.
The salad will be a regular at our home, but I am a little worried about when Meyer lemons go out of season. Lemons from the supermarket won’t do!
- Mix baby greens, 4 cups
- 1/4 cup crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Two tablespoons dried cranberries
- One pear thinly sliced
For the VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice
- Meyer Lemon zest
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, Meyer Lemon juice, zest, and sugar. Set aside.
- Place the baby greens into a large serving bowl. Top with goat cheese, walnuts, and dried cranberries. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently mix to combine. Serve immediately with pear slices.