A filling, healthy salad with a balsamic dressing that is sweet and tangy, creating a perfect combination of flavors!
The Super Bowl is just a few days away. I should really be posting some game-day snacks. In anticipation of the buffalo chicken wings and deep-fried treats we will all be devouring on Sunday, let’s squeeze in some salads before the madness starts!
Although I’ve made a number of Salads in the past, I haven’t yet had a quinoa-based salad. As I was about to use up a Costco bag of quinoa, I couldn’t help but throw it into this salad to make a filling, hearty meal.
This salad is full of all kinds of goodness, from the strawberries to the avocados to the crumbled cheese. The strawberries are a perfect match for the sweet, tangy balsamic dressing.
- 6 cups baby spinach
- Half 2 cups strawberries
- Avocado, half, seeded, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Two cloves garlic pressed
- Use two teaspoons of Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar or more to your taste.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, and garlic. Set aside.
- Place spinach in a large serving bowl. Top with strawberries, goat cheese, avocados, quinoa, and pecans. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently combine.
- Serve immediately