Wraps that are healthy, hearty, carb-free, and loaded with vegetables can be made in just 20 minutes!
At the beginning of every new year, there are all kinds of resolutions. Will try to eat clean for a few weeks before reverting to old habits. It’s the same for me.
- Three tablespoons soy sauce
- Sesame Oil 1 Tablespoon
- 1-3 teaspoons of sambal or chili paste
- Ginger, two teaspoons
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- One tablespoon of rice vinegar
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Tofu firm, 12 oz.
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- Romaine lettuce for serving
- In a small dish, combine soy sauce with sesame oil and sambal, sugar, ginger, rice vinegar, and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the tofu and cook until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add bell pepper and mushrooms to the skillet and stir frequently until they are tender. This should take about 3-4 mins. Stir in the soy sauce mixture, and cook until the sauce has slightly reduced (about 2-3 minutes).
- Serve by spooning several tablespoons of the tofu mixture in the middle of a lettuce-leaf, taco style.