The quickest Mediterranean-inspired POWER BOWLS! In less than 30 minutes, this dish is made with roasted bell peppers, fresh cucumbers, feta, and a simple but amazing red wine vinaigrette. Low-carbohydrate, nutrient-rich and filling!
It’s been 14 days, 336 hrs, and 20160 s without donuts. I’ve cut them out of my diet.
Then again. But then again.
These power bowls will hold me over for the moment.
This is not a traditional donut, but it gives me the energy to last the entire day.
The roasted eggplants, zucchinis, bell peppers, and cucumbers, along with a red wine vinaigrette that is tangy, are enough to make me forget about the donuts.
Wait. This is a blatant lie. Naturally, I miss the donuts.
- 1/4 cup whole wheat Couscous
- Half and slice a one 3/4-pound globe aubergine
- Slice 2 medium zucchini into 3/4-inch round slices
- Olive oil two tablespoons
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- Black pepper and Kosher Salt
- Sliced Persian cucumbers 2
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers in a jar, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata black olives
- Two ounces of crumbled feta
- Fresh parsley leaves, two tablespoons
RED WINE GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
- Red wine vinegar, three tablespoons
- Extra virgin olive oil, two tablespoons
- Dijon Mustard, 1 1/2 teaspoons
- One clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- For the red wine garlic dressing, whisk together red vinegar, olive, Dijon, oregano, garlic, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook couscous as per the instructions on the package; set aside.
- Add eggplant and zucchini to the baking sheet in one layer. Add garlic and olive oil; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Gently combine by gently tossing.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Divide the couscous into bowls. Top with red peppers, eggplant, zucchini, cucumbers, feta, and olives.
- Garnish with parsley if you wish. Serve immediately.