You won’t believe how fast this crispy, tender chicken is made with only a few ingredients!
Five-ingredient dishes are some of my favorites. Since they usually use pantry staples, I don’t have to run out for emergency groceries and can get cooking right away. It’s a bonus if you can cook it in under 30 minutes.
It only takes five ingredients to make this lemon chicken, and most of them are already in your pantry. This dish is ready in 20 minutes with Fresh, boneless, skinless breast fillets.
This is a simple chicken dish that uses Italian breadcrumbs and lemon zest. It is then cooked to crisp perfection. Don’t forget to add the lemon zest for an extra touch of lemon flavor!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Use the zest of two lemons plus some more for garnish
- Cut in half 1 pound of BARE(r), fresh, boneless, and skinless chicken breasts.
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Two large eggs, beaten
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Combine bread crumbs with lemon zest in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Season the chicken to your taste with salt and black pepper. One at a time, coat each chicken piece in flour. Dip it into the eggs and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Press to coat.
- Add the chicken in batches to the skillet. Cook until it is evenly golden brown and crispy. This should take about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Garnish with lemon zest if you wish.