The noodles are slippery, spicy, and bossy, with a sauce made from minimal ingredients. They’re topped with a heap of roasted broccoli and an egg that is perfectly soft. Yes, please.
This recipe is more suited to the category of “hangry/hardcore craving/last minute meal.”
It’s a little too spicy and rich for my children, so I only make it when I am in a hurry to feed them. In a moment filled with pure joy, I often eat it over the stove.
The components are also suitable for everyone (buttered noodles, eggs, and broccoli always go down well with kids! It can easily be adapted to a family-friendly meal or for meal preparation if you have extra broccoli and egg. SOS is at its best.
If you don’t, I’m sure you’ll be fine. If you already have some (hopefully, I’ve convinced you with the Miso Crunch Salad), then it will be a great addition to this recipe. It will add depth and elevate the flavor of this quick and easy recipe.
UNITS US You can also find out more about M SCALE 1/2x 1x 2x
Chili Garlic Pappardelle:
- 8 Ounces DeLallo Egg Pappardelle
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 The following are some of the reasons why you should consider hiring someone else. You can also find out more about the following: minced
- Three tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- One tablespoon Honey
- One tablespoon Chili crisp More to Taste
- One tablespoon of White miso
- 1/2 Reserve cooking water
- Freshly ground Black pepper
- One tablespoon Chili crisp Optional topping
Broccoli and eggs smashed:
- 1 Head of Cut into florets 4 Cups )
- One tablespoon DeLallo Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Half a teaspoon Salt
- Four eggs
- Broccoli: Pre-heat the oven to 425°. Spread the broccoli out on a baking sheet, drizzle it with olive oil, and sprinkle some salt. Roast the broccoli for 20-25 minutes until it is soft and roasted. Use the back of the wooden spoon to flatten each piece of broccoli into crispy little bites. Transfer back to the oven for 5-10 more minutes.
- Eggs – I use (affiliate links) and fill the water to the “medium” line. I then let the cooked eggs sit in the cold water for 5 minutes. You can use any pot on the stove for a 6-minute egg. Click here for more information.
- Pasta: Prepare pappardelle in accordance with the package instructions.
- Sauce Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Hoisin, honey, and chili oil are added. Whisk until well combined (it will be chunky due to the miso, but it will smooth out). Add the reserved pasta water to the simmering sauce. Continue to cook the pasta for 3 to 5 minutes, until all the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Eat! I eat these noodles in their spicy, slick goodness over the stove half the time if you are able to; serve the soft egg and smashed broccoli on top of the noodles with a dollop more of chili crisp.