Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Barilla. As always, I partner only with brands I truly love and believe in. This allows me to create quick and easy recipes that will get us through the rest of the week without having to break the bank. All opinions are mine.
I am thinking about returning.
Not only for the Pasta World Championship. To eat more pasta, essentially.
More specifically, cacio e pepe. This was my main diet for the entire trip.
Other than a quick, desperate burger from Milan. We won’t talk about it.
This dish is so hard to pronounce that I’m not sure how to say it. I just say CACHIO …. and then mumble about the rest.
What I know for sure is this:
This is something I need in my daily life.
You can have it every day. Single. Night.
Not just because today is World Pasta Day. It’s World Pasta Day for me every day, even though I love pasta.
- 8 ounces Barilla spaghetti
- Two tablespoons of unsalted Butter
- Freshly ground black pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Freshly grated Parmesan, 4 oz.
- Cook pasta in a large pot with salted boiling water according to the package directions for al dente. Reserve 1 cup of water and drain.
- Melt Butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add black pepper and stir frequently until fragrant. This should take about a minute.
- Bring to a simmer. Stir in the heavy cream and 3/4 cup of water that was reservée. Stir in Parmesan for 2-4 minutes until it is slightly thickened.
- Mix gently with pasta. Add more water if the mixture is too dense.
- Serve immediately