Enjoy the deliciousness of a BLT with a fresh lime vinaigrette in a salad!
It’s the New Year, and I’m sure we should be eating salads, quinoa casseroles, and other healthy foods. But no one told us to stop eating bacon. You can sneak bacon into a salad to make it more nutritious. If you want to go even further, you could add some extra crispy bacon as a garnish. Am I pushing it here, or is this just a joke?
If all salads looked like this one, I would eat it every day for the rest of my life. This salad is absolutely perfect. From the crispy bacon to the cherry medley tomato, fresh avocado, and sweet corn on a crisp bed of romaine lettuce. With a drizzle over that sweet, tangy lime vinaigrette, you will want to eat this salad every day. Single. Day.
- Four slices bacon diced
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce chopped
- Avocado, half, peeled, halved and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup crumbled Goat Cheese
For the LIME VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Freshly squeezed lime juice, two tablespoons
- Add more sugar to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, apple vinegar, lime juice and zest, and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 6-8 minutes until it is crispy and brown. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Combine romaine lettuce with avocado, tomatoes, and corn in a large bowl. Add goat cheese. Add lime vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately