We are living our best bowl life this week. Seasoned sweet potato wedges and chicken meatballs or rotisserie chicken all piled onto a plate with a little puddle of punchy green avocado mojo sauce. Yes, wow, repeat.
Avocado Mojo Sauce:
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- half an avocado
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- One tablespoon of white vinegar
- One clove garlic
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mayo (optional – this will make it creamier)
The Stuff for the Bowls:
- Two sweet potatoes
- One red onion
- Two tablespoons of avocado oil
- Two tablespoons of taco seasoning + a pinch of smoked paprika if you want
- protein of choice – I like the Amylu chicken meatballs or a hot, roasted rotisserie chicken
- Sweet Potatoes: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes – I like to cut them into wedges because they feel like thick, happy fries, and my family loves them, but any shape will work. Place on a large baking sheet and toss with the oil and taco seasoning until coated.
- Onions: Peel the onion and cut it into thin wedges. Tuck them onto the baking sheet in and around the sweet potatoes.
- Roast: Transfer the whole pan to the oven and bake for a total of 35 minutes. I usually take them out at 20 minutes to flip the pieces and add my meatballs. *If using store-bought pre-cooked meatballs, you can scoot everything over and add your meatballs so they get those last 15 minutes of bake time.
- Sauce: While the sweet potatoes are roasting, blend up the sauce ingredients – I use my Ninja mini chopper (affiliate link). Taste, adjust, and set aside. (Or at least try. It’s so good.)
- Serve: Pour some sauce on a plate or bowl. Pile it up with meatballs, sweet potatoes, and onions. Total comfort food with saucy dipping built right in!